Sunday, December 30, 2007

Un-Click It!

The other day I pulled my car into the garage - nothing spectacular to be sure, but upon shutting off the car and beginning the extraction process I had an epiphany.

I opened the car door and went to leave the vehicle when there was this strange resistance keeping me bound in the car. I tried a second time to vacate the premises, but with a similar result. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I still had my seat belt on! Sheepishly I reached down and un-clicked the seat belt! I then was able to walk into the house without this strange force holding me in my seat.

Walking into the house pondering this moment in time, I had my epiphany. In order to leave the confines of the former space I had to remove the constraints that held me there! The same is true of those who wish to leave the constraints of the sinful life! Too many individuals try to make a fresh start, to allow Christ to come into their life - allowing them to start fresh. Yet even as they try and leave they try to live this new life setting in the same seat, and under the same constraints.

In order for us to live a new life in Christ, we must move to a new place and un-click the restraints in order to actually move to a new place.

As you begin this New Year in a matter of hours, what are the restraints that are holding you back? What things do you need to un-click so that you can move to a new place?

As you begin this New Year may you know the joy of a fresh start and in a fresh place!

No comments: