Monday, February 11, 2008

All Inclusive

Today as i was reading my email, I opened the daily one I receive from a woman in our church who sends out a Scripture verse each and every day. Today this is our verse:

Acts 2; 21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.


Everyone - it's a pretty inclusive word! As I have sat here this am meditating on this verse, this word continues to strike me. Who is everyone? Dumb question I know, but the question stands. Does this include the person who was rude to me? The businessman who took advantage of me? The man who raped a 12 year old? The man who has snubed his nose and finger in the face of God and everyone else for 50 years?

You betcha! Because of this verse I take heart each and every morning, because I am also everyone! My wife is everyone! You are everyone.

The condition of this verse is "calls on his name". Seems easy enough, and yet we have sometimes such a hard time humbling ourselves and seeking God's help.

Today is a good day to seek him -- in fact, every day is a good day to seek him!

No comments: