Friday, February 8, 2008

Community

On Sunday, February 3, I boarded a plane and traveled to Orlando, Florida, where I had the opportunity to attend Asbury Seminary Minister's Conference. In the past this conference was held on their Kentucky campus and I had the opportunity to stay with friends while attending the conference. Those who know me are aware that I am a person who enjoys being around people.

While in Orlando I stayed at a hotel 15 minutes from the campus. I had a suite all to myself! Now while that seems like a great deal, I was reminded of a very important truth -- we were meant to live in community. Though I was in one of the largest cities, and while I was surrounded by others, I longed for those who knew me.

This morning I am sitting in front of the fire, it is gently snowing, and the kids are arguing in their rooms -- what sweet music! Sharing life together is one of the greatest joys there are. Truly we are better together!

1 comment:

btlowery said...

what sweet music?

I seem to recall a different reaction as a child. ;)