Monday, July 14, 2008

Day Two of the "Bike Trip"

"Listen to the sound of the falling rain" . . . is the song that flooded my thoughts as I woke today. The rain was so kewl hitting on the fabric of the tent -- it almost seemed like a lullaby, so I turned over and catched a few more rays.

Now in this situation, one is faced with a momentous decision. Do I sit the day in the tent, or do I pack up my things and head out into the rain threatened reality of my world? I decided not to let a little water keep me down and headed out. Where to go?

I decided to retrace my steps along Rte 6 and hook back up to Rte 219. What an incredibly beautiful ride. The road winds along shoulders of lush forest geen, the smell of rododendrum tree blossoms pungently fragranting the air. All of this ocurred of course while riding through rain. What a wet day.

I am having a little difficulty with the bike not starting. I'm not sure if the problem is the new battery I purchased before leaving, or some other item. Came over to Altoona PA because another biker said it was the closest Suzuki place available.

So here I am in Altoona drying out from the day. The Suzuki dealership is not open on Sundays so I will have to wait to contact them in the am in order to have the bike checked out.

Alive and well in Altoona -- where do they get these names?

No comments: