Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reasons To Be Connected - Reason 5

Last night i was sitting in front of a warm fire with my laptop up and running, just enjoying catching up on friends through Facebook. I love the way it allows me to keep connected with those who are so important in my life. Then it happened . . .

My computer started flashing this warning. it must have been flashing unnoticed for some time because all of the sudden it shut off! My computer crashed! The horror! I was disconnected and I feared the worst. Virus? Hard drive gone bad?

What I discovered leads me to today's reason - reason number 4 -- why it is important to be connected -- connected to God and to others is that connections empower us!

What I discovered is that while I was sitting there my power cord had become disconnected. When I reconnected my computer, I was able to reconnect to the internet and to my friends.

Power flows through connections! A disconnected computer makes it difficult to connect to the internet. A disconnected toaster can't produce warmth. A disconnected stereo can't play delightful music. A single disconnected wire can prevent your car from taking on that much anticipated luncheon date (get to go as soon as I finish this blog!).

The same is true for us spiritually if we are disconnected from God -- we lose the warmth, beautify, power, and direction that God intends for our life.

What step do you need to take today to be connected to the ultimate power source?

No comments: