Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reasons To Be Connected - Reason 6

Almost 30 years ago, July 1979, I was ordained in the Free Methodist Church -- it hardly seems possible. As I have taken moments recently to reflect I have been gently reminded that I didn't come to that point or to this point in my life, without people who have significantly impacted me. People like Elmer C. Cook, Walter Janowski, Carson Reber, Richard Snyder, Dr. Stanger, Lyle Schaller, Jeff Patton and a host of others, none the least of which is my friend and spouse Linda.

Today's reason -- reason number 4 -- why it is important for us to be connected -- connected to God, and to others, is that connections keep us growing!

Knowing the right thing to do is rarely enough to keep us doing the right thing over the long haul. We need partners to do it with us and encourage us when we feel like giving up.What an incredible experience to be a part of a team!

Who are the people who are connected to you? Who encourage and motivate you? Who will you invest your life in?

No comments: